Image

Image

Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Credible Source & A Journalist

Alan Brochstein,  a former Wall Street guy and the most credible cannabis financial analyst I know of confirmed on Twitter yesterday that he thinks Kaya Holdings was the first publicly traded integrated cannabis firm in the U.S.  Then he basically said Kaya sucks. 

Whatever, I couldn't care less if they are good or not. I've never invested in a cannabis company and don't plan to any time soon. The point is Kaya was first, and I think it is cool history to be noted accurately. 

What is Debra's problem?  Alan even urged her to make an "amendment." It's the internet age. Why not just make a correction so the false information is not out there indefinitely? Marijuana Business Daily made the same mistake as her in an article they wrote and promptly made an edit when they uncovered the mistake. 

Are the journalistic standards at Forbes.com lower than those of an upstart marijuana business news provider?  The "report corrections" button is not working on the article, it doesn't seem like any comments get through and Debra blocked SEC Filings on Weed! on Twitter after getting very defensive.

I guess some people want their own facts, or something, honestly I can't figure it out.  I read corrections all the time in the media.

Both journalists probably trusted Derek Peterson's (CEO of Terra Tech) comments in a press release where he claimed for his company the "title." He is another former Wall Street guy. I'd be fact checking anything he says, obviously.

Disclosure: I have no economic interest in any firm mentioned in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment